I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Looong Days and Nights for Kary

Kary had asked me to update a few days ago, I will do my best here. He has still been waiting to see if he would qualify for the new chemo. I am not sure he would be able to even start it until he can get a bit of weight and strength back. He has really been struggling to eat to over the weekend and has lost more weight. He did stop his current chemo as the side effects were just too much to bear and try to eat. He is now having to take more pain meds than he had wanted, but has realized the importance of keeping his pain more leveled and staying away from highs and lows. Yesterday he was still blowing me away asking me about water issues in Ethiopia and what we should be doing to take proper precautions. He just brightens up talking about things other than cancer. Today has been a hard day for him. He could not carry on a conversation, but he is resting comfortably tonight. He always manages to tell my kids how happy he is to see them though:) Please pray with us for him that he will be able to avoid the pain and be able to eat again. The medical people that come and see him are always touched by his attitude and outlook on life.

3 comments:

  1. God is giving Kary amazing strength & courage for this battle he is waging. Please tell him to hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kary, you have been such an inspiration for me through your difficult times. I pray daily for you, and I pray also that our Lord will continue to comfort and encourage your family.

    Love you much my friend,

    Randy Ayala

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, and your beautiful soul and may god walk beside you in your time of need.

    Kary, I met you one time and very brief as it was I feel I know you well. Nora Dunford and her son John have always had wonderful things to say about you. I want you to know John thinks of you daily and truly loves you. John has always said you are the greatest and most beautiful person he has ever come to know.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete