I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Minute by Minute

Today is not a day I can post an easy update for Kary. It has been a tough 24 hours! Kary's home nurse came today for the first time, which was nice and will come again on Monday. Kary is very malnourished now and is beginning to feel the weakness from this as it is getting hard to walk and get up with ease. He is thinking about seeking the option for extra calories given through his port, but some have said this would be even harder on his liver. He is eating two meals a day and forcing himself to keep trying to eat, but the calories do not seem to be helping him as much as he was hoping. ( However, Lydia and I thought his face did not look any thinner and if anything is looking some better) Kary is not able to lay down anymore, but is half -sitting up and trying to keep his ascites as calm as possible. I asked him if he wanted a small television to help through those long night hours and he said no that each minute needs to be free so he can really focus on the Lord and be able to talk with him. I treasure each moment with my brother and find it very hard to leave each time. I linger with my hugs and exit-- Being with him brings much peace and I know God has Kary covered, even though it is hard to see him having so suffer so greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment