I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Visitors from a California Almond Farm


Today our mom's twin brother and his wife visited Kary. Philip and Barbara came from Chico,CA and spent most of the day with Kary and my mom. What a special time and an encouragement to Kary. Kary is on his 3rd day of chemotherapy and this one he takes in pill form. It makes him pretty tired and it has upset his GI track some. He has to make it 14 days on this with success and then he will have a 7 day break. Then if it is making some headway, he will be put on promising experimental chemo that they are starting to have some success with for pancreatic cancer. Kary is looking forward, hoping this will work and yet has such a deep peace of being able to take each moment as it comes. My admiration for my brother is higher than ever. He is saying things that most would save until they knew what was going to happen. He wants "no stone left unturned" in many ways. Although it is hard to hear what he wants to say at times it is so comforting knowing his heart. I have so often wished I could have a do-over with my brother and I would not have put tape down the middle of the seat in the car so he could not touch my side, I would have shared my bike more, and I would have embraced him graduating from college with me in 3 years with two degrees ( unlike my one degree in 4 years) and just have enjoyed the time more. I appreciate Kary and his hugs of words. If you have not been able to spend time with him, I hope you get the chance. It is a time you will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment