I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Sunday, May 9, 2010

Devastating Test Results

On Sunday morning, the attending physician discussed the findings of Friday's PET/CT scan. I was informed that the pancreatic tumor had enlarged to the point that it is blocking the common bile duct, causing the jaundice & elevated bilirubin levels.

The scans also revealed that my abdomen was retaining a large amount of fluid, a condition called Ascites. Over the last two weeks my abdomen had slowly become more and more distended limiting my ability to eat, lay down, and breath deeply.

Most significantly, my previously pristine liver has now developed multiple tumors on both lobes in less than 60 days. Radiation is no longer an option. Where to go from here?

3 comments:

  1. Love you my strong brother-- I am sorry you are going through this. You have such an amazing amount of faith and courage. I am pulling for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kary - It's been a long time. I used to go to Grace Christian with you and Kimberly and lived down the street. Kimberly and I have reacquainted through Facebook and she shared your blog with me.
    I am so sorry you are having to go through this and will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Kary - look forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete