I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Friends Are Coming To Visit This Weekend

Four of my best friends from Los Angeles, California are coming to spend the weekend with me! We spent a lot of time together during my employment at KPFF Consulting Engineers during the mid 1990's in Santa Monica, California. We have enjoyed many weekends together since I left KPFF and started my own engineering business in Portland, Oregon. In fact, they came to Tulsa to visit me when I was first being treated.

Unfortunately, on Friday night I started to bleed internally as evidenced by significant black stools. By the time they arrived on Saturday, it had progressed to the point that I needed to seek medical attention. I met with the doctor and made a deal that I would spend the day with my friends and check myself into the hospital that evening.

We had a very enjoyable day catching up over lunch on the Tulsa Riverfront and watching the Los Angeles Lakers playoff game.

I checked into the hospital as promised that evening looking very jaundiced, and my faithful friends stayed with me until almost 3:00 AM, when I was finally asleep in the intensive care.

No comments:

Post a Comment