I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Friday, May 21, 2010

Squeezing In an Unconventional Treatment Before Flying Home!

Our flight to Portland does not depart until 1:00 PM, so I decided to
visit a Tulsa Health Clinic for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. I was placed into a chamber which was pressurized to 1.5 atmosphere with 100% oxygen for 60 minutes. Hyperbaric Therapy has many uses, but I am undergoing the treatments to stimulate blood production. My blood counts have never recovered from the previous chemotherapy and radiation I received in 2008 & 2009. Low blood counts (white blood cell & platelets in particular) have prevented me from undergoing any further conventional chemotherapy treatments.

1 comment:

  1. I think you could make a trip to the moon in this:) You are so strong and I am so super proud of you.

    ReplyDelete