I am helping Kary start a small blog to keep his friends and family informed of his progress. Please keep checking here for the latest news. I know he appreciates and needs your prayers and support more than ever. He is looking at some new options and will be writing about these as soon as he is able. So keep checking in and we will try to keep this up to date!!!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finally Released

Late Tuesday night after the surgery, I developed a significant temperature which indicated an infection due to the stagnant bile entering my bloodstream. Intravenous antibiotics were immediately administered while blood samples were being cultured. I would have to stay in the hospital until I had a normal temperature for 12 hours minimum. My fever finally broke at 5:00 AM on Thursday morning and I was released later that afternoon with a five day prescription for oral antibiotics.

I was scheduled to receive chemotherapy today, but its not going to happen because I cannot receive chemotherapy until after I have completed the antibiotics.

We have decided to return home to Portland during this five day intermission.

No comments:

Post a Comment